Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Do I have time to Blog?

Here I am, it's 10:00 pm and really time for me to be in bed because I have to go to work in the morning. I've been thinking about a post I wanted to make for the last four days and just haven't gotten around to it. Too many things in my real life to be done.

So tonight, I sit down at the computer to look at what is left on my ever expanding "to do" list and since that is kind of discouraging I easily get distracted checking my email. In one email the title of an article catches my eye: "Five Sensible Tips for Achieving Work-Life Balance" Could this article contain the precious nugget of knowledge that will make all my dreams come true?

Unfortunately not. It is not that the suggestions weren't good. Almost all of them made sense to me, except for the one from a woman who only sleeps 6 hours a night. I am one of those strange people that really does need 8 hours of sleep! As with any realistic plan for improvement it requires changing habits. An extremely difficult thing for any one to do, myself included.

So as much as I would like to spend each evening practicing my writing skills on this blog, the demands of my work and personal life have to be meet. On the blogs that I visit regularly, I am impressed with how often those bloggers post. How do they make the time? Am I just a slacker that I can't do it all?

How do you manage it? Comments any one?

6 comments:

Bizzy Girl said...

I have often asked myself that same question, as I would really like to do much more blogging than I currently do.

I think it's a matter of making it a daily habit...something you do at roughly the same time every day. I found that I would be most productive at night after getting home from work and having a chance to look through the daily headlines to search for fodder for my rantings. You might be better at a different time of day - you just have to find what works for you.

I don't blog every single day, but I do try to find the time to make at least one entry a week if I can.

Hope that helps :-)

Herbal Renaissance said...

Juggle like a mad woman! Everyone needs sleep. The body heals itself in sleep. Demands of the day (work, children, house, writing) outweigh free time, but sometimes you have to take time out for you. This blog does that for you. It allows you to converse within and without yourself, regroup, and take stock of what is important...you.

Herbal Renaissance said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
heavenabove said...

Sometimes blogging is just addicting. Sometimes there's just a lot on your mind that you have to get out. Some people have more free time than others. It doesn't matter if you post all the time-just do what you feel is good for you since it's your blog. It's supposed to be fun (in my opinion anyway).

Angel of Delusion said...

I really appreciate the encouraging words. As fate would have it, I got caught up in some many things that I obviously haven't blog for awhile. I'm not giving up though!

By the way, sorry about the deleted comment. When I was accepting comments I got a bit click happy and published a comment that was meant for my eyes only.

Amel said...

I have a lot of time to blog since I'm unemployed and I have nothing much to do except cook, clean up the house, and learn Finnish. I need to reach out to other people out there in English so as not to explode (my Finnish isn't good enough to hold a daily conversation with anyone).