Friday, January 4, 2013

Tired of the NRA Propoganda

So, I have started making my way to creating a post on this blog several times now but I keep getting distracted.  Primarily, I'm getting distracted by the posts on the Feminist Mormon Housewives blog.  What they have to say is far more interesting than the slop that is on Facebook.  I really don't know why I bother except that my family is on Facebook and each day I check their posts just hoping for some morsel about how their lives are really going.  I have been very much disappointed lately.  Which brings me to the one very simple thing that I want to express...

I find it very offensive that since the Sandy Brook Elementary shootings there are more posts on Facebook about the fear of losing our right to bear arms then about the lives lost in that incident.  Really!  What is more important here?  I really don't mind people having guns (with in reason!) but my reaction to this onslaught of fear mongering regarding gun control can be compared to an exhasperated parent whose child is throwing a fit yet again.  "Just take them all away!  You can't play with them nicely, then you can't have them at all"

So much of this comes from my own family members.  For the most part my family members are good people.  So, what is this world coming to when the good people think more violence (i.e. teachers carrying guns in school) is the solution for the violence we are dealing with.

I've already ruffled a number of feathers over this topic and I'm trying really hard not to get in another argument but it's really, really hard when I see some of these posts that to me are so obviously propoganda from the NRA.  I am a proponent of the 2nd amendment within reason but raffles to give away automatic rifles?  You know the ones that look like a gun a soldier should be carrying.  I think we've gone to the extreme people!

No comments: