Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's a Flop

The Lyric Contest that is. Yes, it was abysmally unsuccessful. I had a couple of encouraging comments but no entries in the contest. I am attempting to write some lyrics myself but my rhyming capabilities seem to be limited to words with four letters or less. For instance:

My contest was a flop
but I will not stop
until I am on top

It rhymes but it also stinks. So, I will continue to welcome any suggestions.

I realize that some of my difficultly is a result of being mentally drained after working so much lately. As I am writing this post, I am actually more interested in visiting blogs than I am writing. Visiting requires less thought.

Old Things under the Sun has some interesting thoughts on immigration.

Hobo Teacher is making me rethink my desire to have children. Teaching high school has got to be the worst job ever.

Well, I'm going end this post on what I would call a high note. The evil boss character in the "Another Day in Paradise" musical is based on an actual person who was formerly my boss. I escaped some time ago. I just received word that this person has been fired. Although it might seem very unchristian like, I couldn't help but join in enthusiasm that has overtaken my friends who had remained.

I actually received an email with a dancing leprechaun and the music "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I didn't have time to participate... I moved my blog from Blogger to Wordpress and it took me forever. It's a lame excuse I know. But trust me, it's nothing personal. I do better next time.

(New Blog)

Choc Mint Girl said...

Hi, Angela! Actually, I’m a bit blur here (sorry!! he he)...what type of lyrics are you looking for??

Angel of Delusion said...

Zhu: No worries! I don't take anything personal. I checked out your new blog and it looks great. I know how much work that must have been. I'll update my link to your site.

Choc Mint Girl: Check out the post labeled "Another Day in Paradise". This is my attempt to have a little fun with some bad experiences at work. I'm playing around writing a musical about work! So, I'm asking for help with the lyrics for the first song because I'm really bad at it.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your contest. I've only ever written one song, and I didn't really rhyme it. It just had a good cadence I guess. I'm back after a small sabbatical from online blogging.
Thanks for the comment!